UX RecorderClient since 2012
We design and build iOS apps for a wide variety of audiences, and conduct lots of user testing on mobile devices as a result. Over the years, we’ve used a variety of products to record user testing sessions of our web applications.
When testing on mobile devices, however, we were stuck using expensive document cameras, webcams, other mobile devices that could record video, etc. It was very difficult to get screen-in-screen video showing the user’s face.
So we built UX Recorder for iOS.
UX Recorder is an iOS app that records on-screen activity and gestures along with video from the front facing camera (and audio). It is intended to replace a document camera for recording user testing sessions of mobile Web sites.
Key features of UX Recorder:
- Records user interactions with a Web site on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Records both user actions (swipes, taps, scrolling) AND video of the user via the device’s camera.
- Exports recorded sessions to your computer’s desktop via Dropbox, iTunes, or Camera Roll.
- Allows easy pause and resume of session recording.
- Supports multiple projects to organize testing sessions.
- Allows multiple sessions within a project.
- Supports bookmarks to save Website URLs for easy acces during testing sessions.
- Allows bookmark sharing via iCloud.